Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Rob Bridges (USA)


Media: Water colours, pencil and oils.
His beautiful imagery strikes a balance between realism and fantasy, inviting us into the realm of imagined stories which are the inspiration for his work.



Of his work, he says: ‘From my earliest memory, I have always drawn. As a child in school I never liked to read. My father and teacher’s remedy was to draw pictures on the inside flaps of my school books. Somehow this was meant to boost my interest in reading. Yet, it created a child who took great pleasure drawing on the inside flaps of all my father’s books and papers’.

‘Since then, I have worked in some visual atmosphere or other, graduating from Seattle’s Cornish College of the Arts with a BFA and working as a senior creative in a design firm. These days i live in Los Angeles. I like rabbits and mochi ice cream. Yet, I sometimes wonder if one day I will end up having children who will draw pictures on the inside flaps and pages of all my books. Such is life’.





No comments:

Post a Comment